Can you copy my video tapes that are protected by a commercial copy protection system?
- No, we do not violate copyright law.
Can you copy my old video tapes containing feature files that I purchased from a shop?
- No, we do not violate copyright. Tapes containing feature films are covered by international copyright law and we are not permitted to copy these. It is against the law.
Can you copy video tapes containing TV shows that I have recorded from the TV?
- No, we do not violate copyright law.
What video tape formats do you accept for conversion to DVD?
- – VHS Video Tapes
- – VHS-C Video Tapes
- – Standard 8mm Video Tapes
- – Video8 Tapes
- – Hi8 Video Tapes
- – Digital 8 Video Tapes
- – PAL format only (NOT the USA / NTSC format).
Do you use quality branded DVD disks or cheap unbranded makes?
- We only use quality DVDs from well known DVD disk manufacturers.
What is the maximum video tape running time that you transfer to each DVD?
- We transfer a maximum of 2 hours of recorded tape content to each DVD. This means that we do not have to use extra video compression techniques, which would result in reduced quality.
- We split tapes over 2 hours longs between 2 DVD, at no extra cost, as this maintains the high quality of our service.
- Some competitors offer to squeeze up to 4 hrs. onto a single DVD. This is a bad idea as the quality will suffer!
Can you combine several, separate video tapes onto a single DVD disk?
- We do not combine different video tapes onto a single DVD disk.
- Each individual video tape is transferred to a separate DVD disk.
Can you transfer video tapes recorded within Australia & New Zealand, and the UK ?
Can you transfer video tapes recorded within North America (which uses NTSC format, rather than PAL used in the UK and Australia)?
- NO, we can only accept PAL format videos.
What video format is used on the DVDs that you produce?
- Your tapes will be converted to a standard DVD format, that can be played back on most DVD players and viewed via your television. We do not convert to an AVI or MPG type format (as many older video players will not display this type of video format). This DVD format should also play back on most computer DVD drives. You should check that you DVD player is capable of playing recorded DVD disks prior to placing your order.
- NOTE: You can if you wish use a ‘DVD Ripper’ to convert the DVD format to AVI or MPG format suitable for editing. These rippers are widely available and once you have converted the DVD format to an AVI or MPG format you can use video editing software to edit your recorded materials using your own computer, if required.
What is your normal turn-around time?
- We normally expect to turn around orders within 5 working days. During exceptionally busy periods, such as Christmas time, this may increase to 10 working days.
Do your prices include GST?
- Yes, GST is included in the prices quoted.
How do you return my video tapes to me?
- Using Australian Registered Post.
Does the copying process reduce quality?
Do you transfer Video8, 8mm, Hi8 and Digital8 video tapes to DVD?
Do you transfer VHS and VHS-C video tapes to DVD?
Can you transfer old reels of film to DVD?
What sort of DVDs to you record too?
- We record to DVD-Rs.
Will the DVDs you produce play back on my DVD player?
- Most modern DVD players will play DVD-Rs. types of DVD. Some older DVD players may not be compatible with the DVD-R format.
- NOTE: You need to check prior to placing your order, as no refunds can be made due to your DVD player being unable to use DVD-Rs. Alternatively, consider purchasing a new DVD player, as they are inexpensive and far more flexible than older DVD players.
Can you accept tapes recorded at non-standard speeds?
- No. Your video tapes must be recorded at the standard speed, and not use the ‘extended play’ feature that lets you record for longer periods, (by slowing the tape speed when recording).
Do you retain copies of my videos?
Do you view the video tapes that customers send you?
- We run random spot checks for quality control purposes. Your tapes are private and as a rule we do not view them and we never retain copies of your tapes.
Some of my video tapes are very old and very poor quality, can you still transfer them?
- We offer a video tape to DVD transfer service not a restoration service. If your original tape is very poor quality, converting it to DVD format will not improve the quality.
Do you copy-protect or encrypt the DVDs?
- No. This means that you can make copies of the finished DVD on your own computer, if required.